Summer Scholarships For A Study Trip In Turkey , 30.03.2012Description
• Turkish Government will offer short summer scholarships for a study trip for high-profile, successful Master and PhD students interested in late Ottoman history and contemporary Turkey.
• The aim of the project is to provide wide-ranging first hand information on Turkey, promote social and academic exchanges among the participants and their Turkish counterparts.
• Applicants to the study trip must be a Master or PhD student of Turcology, History, International Relations, Political Science, Journalism, Law or Public Administration.
• This year’s scholarship programme is open to students from the following countries: France, USA, Canada, UK, Republic of Ireland, Switzerland, Germany, Sweden, Belgium, Russian Federation, Netherlands, Greece, Bulgaria, Australia, Austria.
• All travel and accommodation expenses of the study trip will be covered by the Republic of Turkey.
• The programme will include 30 participants.
• The programme, excursions and discussions will be in English.
• Participants of the study trip will be required to arrive in Turkey on 9 July 2012 and fully participate to the programme that ends on 17 July 2012 (Please see the draft programme below).
• Participants will be requested to provide an evaluation paper by 30 July 2012 on the programme and their perception of Turkey.
• Applications will be made to the Turkish Embassy in Washington D.C. to the following address:
2525 MASSACHUSETTS AVENUE N.W.
WASHINGTON D.C. 20008
• Applicants will be requested to provide a CV, motivation letter and transcript in English.
• The deadline for applications is 25 April 2012.
SUMMER SCHOLARSHIPS FOR A STUDY TRIP IN TURKEY
(9-17 JULY 2012)
Monday July 9, 2012 Arrival in Istanbul and transfer to the hotel
Tuesday July 10, 2012
09:00-10:00 Visit to the Archaeological Museum and The Tiled Pavilion
11:00-12:00 Visit to the Basilica Cistern
14:00-15:30 Visit to the Bosporus University
16.00-18.00 Visit to the Grand Bazaar
Wednesday July 11, 2011
09:00-11:00 Visit to the Hagia Sophia Museum-Conference by Ass. Prof. Haluk Dursun (Director of the Hagia Sophia Museum)
11:00-12:00 Visit to the Istanbul Photography Museum
14:30-16:30 Visit to the Prime Ministry Ottoman Archives
17:00-19:30 Boat tour
Thursday July 12, 2012
09:00-12:00 Visit to the Topkapi Palace
14:00-17:00 Visit to the National Palaces (Beylerbeyi Palace)
17:30-19:00 Visit to the Church Vortvots Vorodman and the Neve Shalom Synagogue
Friday July 13, 2012
07:30 Departure from the Hotel
09:00 Flight to Ankara
11:00 Transfer to Hotel
11:30-12:15 Visit to the Mausoleum of Atatürk
12:45-13:45 Lunch by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
14:30-15:30 Briefing at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
16:00-18:00 Visit to the Turkish Historical Society and Conference
20:00 Dinner (with the participation of the Minister of Culture and Tourism H.E. Mr. Ertuğrul GÜNAY)
Saturday July 14, 2012
10:00-11:00 Visit to the Museum of Anatolian Civilizations
11:00-12:00 Visit to the Museum of Ethnography
12:30-14:00 Lunch at the Ankara Castle
15:00-17:00 Panel discussion at Bilkent University
17:00-19:00 Free time
Sunday July 15, 2012
09:00 Departure from Ankara to Hattusha/Boğazkale
12:00 Arrival in Hattusha
14:00-17:00 Visit to the Historical Site
17:30 Departure to Ankara
Monday July 16, 2012
07:30 Departure from the Hotel
09:20 Flight to Erzurum
11:15 Arrival in Erzurum
12:00 Transfer to Hotel
13:45-14:30 Visit to the Double Minaret Madrasah and The Three Vaults
14:45-15:30 Visit to the Yakutiye Madrasah (Turkish-Islamic Arts and Ethnography)
15:30-16:00 Visit to the Forts of Aziziye
16:00-18:00 Visit to the Museum of Archaeology (Conference)
Tuesday July 17, 2012
Flight from Erzurum to İstanbul and following international flights.